JOB TITLE: Staff Accountant
REPORTS TO: CFO
SUMMARY: Working Directly with the CFO and Accounting Specialist to ensure accurate financial reporting through account reconciliations, monthly close procedures, and project level reporting as well as accounts payable vendor payment and reconciliations.
KEY INTERFACES: Accounting and Project Management Teams for both Johansen Construction Company and Highmark Concrete Contractors LLC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record Collection of Account Receivable
- Participate in monthly Account Receivable meetings and drive collection efforts
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including but not limited to:
- Accounts Receivable
- Prepaid Assets
- Fixed Assets Long-Term Debt
- Accrued Liabilities
- Execute and record monthly recurring payments
- Assist in the preparation and execution of project level and financial statement audit/review
- Manage accounts payable including but not limited to:
- Timely and complete vendor invoice entry into Viewpoint
- Communicate outstanding project/reviewer level invoices to ensure timely coding and approval
- Reconcile vendor account balances and issue resolution based on research and communication
- Manage timely and accurate Subcontractor and Vendor Payments based on compliance and payment terms
- Act in a backup/support capacity for Payroll Specialist Including but not limited to:
- Accurate and timely weekly payroll processing
- Monthly Union Reporting and Union Audits
- Quarterly and Annual State and Federal Reporting
- Craft and Salaried Template Management for all rate changes
- Act as backup when payroll specialist is not available
- Leads project forecast reviews, utilizes historic and trending data to validate forecast, and follows company standards for cost and revenue reporting
- Communicate monthly close deadlines and the preparation of the monthly project level review
- Drives continuous improvement throughout the organization and is a proponent for positive change
Essential Job Qualifications
REQUIRED SKILLS: Proficiency in MS Office Suite Understanding of general ledger accounting and generally accepted accounting principles Experience with Accounts Payable Effective communication (both oral and written), organization and interpersonal skills Strong work ethic and eagerness to produce high quality results Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team High level of professionalism and standards
PREFERRED SKILLS: Experience and proficiency in Viewpoint and HCSS Heavy Job
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A college degree in a related field of study is preferred but not required for candidates with proven past work experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to sit at a desk for four or more hours per day, and occasionally lift and carry objects up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with federal and state laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.