Intern -Health & Safety Engineer
JOB TITLE: Safety & Environmental Engineer Intern
REPORTS TO: Safety & Environmental Engineer
SUMMARY: The Safety & Environmental Engineer Intern works with the Safety & Environmental Engineer, and all project teams in support of the Corporate Safety, Health, and Environmental program requirements as well as compliance with municipal, stte, and federal safety and health regulations. This function oversees leads, directs and enforces safety and health on company construction projects.
KET INTERFACES: Company Management and Craft employees
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with implementation of all aspects of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) investigations, data analysis, recurrence prevention programs, and continuous improvement procedures
- Assist with ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state and local requirements governing environmental protection and occupational safety and health standards by staying current and informed on federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Assisting with the development of the Company Accident Prevention Program (APP)
- Maintains safety data, analytics, and training records
- Assisting with educating project staff on company Construction Safety policies and procedures. Assists training on company safety and health programs as well as general construction safety topics as necessary to ensure project staff can recognize existing hazards.
- Provide technical assistance and site support for all EHS programs
- Aids in Hazard Recognition and Job Safety Analysis
- Provides safety and health leadership on the project. Builds working relationships with project staff and Subcontractors to develop fully-compliant project.
- Enforces safe work practices and safe working conditions in accordance with all municipal, state and federal regulations, Ensures compliance with company safety and health program requirements and project specific Safety and Health Plan.
- Recommends corrective action(s) for non-compliant conditions based on company policies and applicable safety and health regulations.
- Communicates with project staff and subcontractors in connection with resolving project safety and health issues.
Essential Job Qualifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing a degree in safety management, engineering or construction management, or industrial hygiene
- Demonstrates a knowledge base of LNI, OSHA, DOSH and NFPA standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, and individual must be able to sit at a desk for four or more hours per day, and frequently lift and carry objects up to 50 ponds. Individuals must be able to access all points of a construction site in a wide range of work environments. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.