REPORTS TO: Project Manager
SUMMARY: The Project Engineer assists and supports the Project Manager and Superintendent on assigned project(s). The position works under direct supervision of the PM and performs routine daily activities and gathers and distributes information. The Project Engineer must be flexible and adaptable team-player, and have strong communication and client relation skills.
KEY INTERFACES: Superintendent, Project Manager, Project Administrator
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Communicates and helps to enforce the company's Health & Safety Program
- Demonstrates his/her own commitment to an injury-free workplace through own actions and mentoring if others
- Receive, review, forward and track status of submittals
- Initiate, prepare, review, track, and distribute RFI's
- Daily quantity tracking, as well as timecard review and approval
- Weekly productivity analysis and reporting
- Track & inspect material deliveries
- Assist in developing readiness review documents for upcoming work elements
- Assist in preparing bid packages as part of procurement/buy-out process
- Update the construction schedule for monthly Client submittals and three week look ahead proposes
- Generate and process Subcontractor Monthly Billings in Viewpoint
- Assist in coding and approving of project related invoices from subs and/or suppliers
- Assisting in the Change Management process; including soliciting, receiving, reviewing, and preparing estimates to submit to Clients and issuing Change Orders to Subs & Suppliers as necessary
- Attends project meetings as directed by the Project Manager
- Assists in project close-out requirements
REQUIRED SKILLS: Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint; Strong written and verbal communication skills; good time management & organizational skills; ability to function effectively as part of a team; dependable; ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times; ability to understand and follow directions.
PREFERRED SKILL: Experience and proficiency in Vista Viewpoint, HCSS Heavy Job, HCSS Heavy Bid, Plan Grid, Bluebeam and Microsoft Project.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: This position requires three to five years of relevant experience in the Heavy Civil construction industry. A Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Johansen Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or age.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to sit at a desk for four or more hours per day, and frequently lift and carry objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements and representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.